Is it hot enough for you? Well, we’re here to add some extra sizzle. It’s time to flip the calendar page, check out August holidays and observances, and start thinking about who we’re connecting with this month. We’ve shared some ideas to help you celebrate.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Leo (July 23-August 22)
Virgo (August 23-September 22)
Grab your calendar and a notepad. We’ve listed holidays below for you to add (and make lists of people you want to send cards, letters and gifts to). For your personal list, think about:
- Weddings and anniversaries
- New babies and showers
- New jobs, promotions and retirements
- Thank-you notes
- Special events
- People you’re thinking about or praying for
- Folks you’ve been meaning to get in touch with
- Friends who need some extra care
Time to stock up?
Do you need:
Friendship Day is August 1.
August is back-to-school time.
Back to school
- What is Friendship Day?
- Shop friendship cards
- See what to write in a friendship card
- Share these friendship quotes
National Coloring Book Day
International Cat Day
- Calling all cat daddies and kitty mamas! This day is for you. Browse cat cards and gifts
National Book Lovers Day
National Lazy Day
August 11 is National Sons…
…and Daughters Day.
National Sons and Daughters Day
- What is it? A day set aside to spend time with your children.
- Browse ideas for what to do
International Youth Day
- What is it? It’s a day created by the United Nations to encourage young people’s voices, actions and ideas.
International Left Handers Day
- What is it? A celebration of lefties and is intended to raise awareness of difficulties created by a mostly right-handed world.
Tell A Joke Day
- Did you hear the one about how laughter is good for you?
- A mom, grandma and son walk into a Hallmark store. Not a joke. Just a suggestion.
- Browse these cards with jokes on them
National Dog Day is August 26.
National Women’s Equality Day is August 26.
Raksha Bandhan (Rakhi)
- What is it? A Hindu celebration of universal brotherhood and sisterhood.
National Dog Day
- Celebrate your best friend today.
- Shop dog cards and gifts https://www.hallmark.com/search?q=pet+dogs&oq=pet+dogs
National Women’s Equality Day
- Share these empowering quotes for women by Hallmark writers.
Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day
Do you hold on to your most meaningful cards and letters? You’re not the only one. A shoebox will get the job done, but take a peek at these chic ways to put your favorites on display.
Sending gifts to your loved ones is an easy way to be creative and share your masterpiece with someone else. Want some stylish We’ve put together a list of fun and fuss-free ways to pack and wrap gifts.
Back-to-school time is a great time to encourage our kids to do stuff that makes a real difference. New Little World Changers gifts and cards focus on values like being kind, brave and authentic.
Let this beautiful design inspire you to create or DIY something. Download your free August 2021 digital wallpapers below illustrated by Julia Morris, Hallmark artist.