Being thankful is something we naturally think of around Thanksgiving—but anytime is a good time for some inspiring gratitude quotes! After all, the power of gratitude to uplift and connect us goes beyond any one season. Anytime we’re mindful about gratitude, we do wonders for our own outlook and mental health.
When we take the time to express appreciation, we deepen our relationships with the people around us. And “practicing” gratitude really does make us better at it: The more we look for people and things to appreciate, the more we find.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
These appreciation quotes come from Hallmark’s writers—a group that spends a lot of time thinking about gratitude, because it’s such a core message that people want to express to each other in birthday cards and beyond.
Whether you’re looking for heartfelt words of gratitude or more lighthearted ones, these quotes are perfect for sharing with someone you’re grateful for or for jotting down in a journal or some other place where you’ll see them often. Either way, we hope they’ll help remind you how powerful gratitude can be!
Looking for a certain kind of gratitude quote? Click on the links below to jump straight to the section you need.
Gratitude doesn’t play around. It goes straight for the heart! Here are some words that capture that simple, heartwarming spirit of gratitude.
- Give thanks. And when it’s time…hugs. Lotsa hugs. —Jake Gahr
- Gratitude is made of memories, smiles, and good times with special people. —Katherine Stano
- Sometimes love is spelled t-h-a-n-k-s. —Jake Gahr
- Happiness is a thankful heart. —Jake Gahr
- “Always” is the best time for gratitude. —Bill Gray
These quotes speak to the importance of cultivating a grateful mindset, paying attention, noticing what’s good in our lives and pausing to really appreciate it.
—Hallmark Writing Studio
- Breathe in. Breathe out. Be thankful for this day. —Erin Canty
- Who deserves a shout-out in your gratitude journal today? —Allyson Cook
- Too many blessings to count…It’s a nice problem to have. —Keely Chace
- Big stuff, little stuff, stuff I didn’t plan. Giving thanks for all the stuff, just because I can. —Bill Gray
- Take a pause, take a breath, take a moment for peace and gratitude. —Jake Gahr
- Grateful every day. For every day. —Bill Gray
- Aim to shape each day in a way that will leave you feeling gratitude and love. —Jeannie Hund
- The very best gift is this very moment. —Carolina Fernandez
Whether your idea of “inspiring” is a call to action, a personal mantra or a poetic thought, these appreciation quotes are for you!
- Let your worries pass like clouds. Let your gratitude shine like the sun. —Renee Daniels
- As long as stars can shine and the moon can float around the earth and hearts can love, there’s something to be grateful for. —Carolina Fernandez
- Let there be generosity and kindness and mercy and gratitude and love. —Katherine Stano
- See with kind eyes. Listen with an open mind. Give with a generous hand. Live with a grateful heart. —Keely Chace
- From seeds of kindness grow bouquets of gratitude. —Linda Barnes
- Gratitude is what happens when we stop long enough to notice all the good stuff. —Keely Chace
- Call it giving thanks, but in a way, it just feels like pausing…to look closely at a life in progress, to breathe in the wonder and take in the beauty that makes every day so blissfully worth living. —Amy Trowbridge-Yates
Gratitude goes hand in hand with just about any spiritual practice. These quotes would make great prayer journal or meditation prompts. Or you could share one to encourage someone else in their faith journey.
- Each day is a gift, and prayers are our thank-you notes. —Erin Canty
- Miracles come in all sizes: tiny flowers, large pizzas, wide grins, long talks, skies filled with stars. —Katherine Stano
- Thank you for this meal, this day, this home, this love, this world, this life. Amen. —Suzanne Berry
- Gratitude, Joy, Love—Three flowers in the same vase. —Renee Daniels
- Give big thanks for little blessings. —Bill Gray
- “Thank You” is pretty much my go-to prayer. —Keely Chace
- If your blessing is wealth, share it. If your blessing is health, take care of it. If your blessing is talent, use it. If your blessings are people, love them. —Keely Chace
Gratitude changes us, no doubt about it. These quotes speak to the positive difference gratitude can make in our outlook, our resilience and our relationships.
- Gratitude doesn’t just lift up the people you show it to. It lifts YOU up, too. —Sara Quenzer
- Each time we say “thank you” we connect more deeply with the best in life, the best in others, and the best in ourselves. —Barbara Loots
- Isn’t it amazing how happy we can get when we just stop for a moment to feel grateful? —Carolina Fernandez
- Gratitude. It’s like a juice cleanse for any toxins in your attitude. —Keely Chace
- An attitude of gratitude fills your heart with smiles. —Jake Gahr
- Gratitude is the surest source of joy. —Jeannie Hund
We all know somebody who has a knack for bringing out the grateful in us! If you want to make that person feel great, try sharing one of these appreciative messages with them.
- The world’s a more thankful place because you’re in it. —Katherine Stano
- Thankful for you. Yes, YOU. —Jake Gahr
- Thank you kindly. And sincerely. And blissfully. And appreciatively. And awesomely. —Katherine Stano
- You sure know how to take my attitude of gratitude up a notch! —Keely Chace
- Big thanks for your big heart —Bill Gray
- You’re someone who helps me find the grateful moments in each day. —Keely Chace
- Thanks for being the best you today. —Bill Gray
- If the world had more people like you, we’d all be saying “thank you” a lot more often. Actually, there are so many reasons why I’d love a world like that. —Carolina Fernandez
The people in our lives might just be the biggest reason we have to feel grateful. Here are some heartfelt words that celebrate the special kind of appreciation we feel for friends.
- We can’t know what life will throw our way. But we know this for sure: Life is way better with a friend. —Jeannie Hund
- If you’re lucky, there is a person in your life who totally “gets” you. One you don’t have to explain yourself to, one who has your back, shares your secrets, one who not only listens, but actually hears what you have to say. If you’re very lucky, you call that person friend. —Sylvia Christianson
- Things to be grateful for…new adventures, roads untried, and friends to share the whole sweet ride! —Diana Manning
- A LIFELONG FRIEND: Grateful to have one. Determined to be one. —Barbara Loots
- What a blessing it is to have someone to call a friend, without any hesitation. —Amie Doyen
- Of all the friends we’ll ever have, it’s lucky that a few are friends for life, because they’re friends we love as family, too. —Barbara Loots
- Life is already good. Friends make it even better. —Carolina Fernandez
- The gift of a genuine, down-to-earth friend really makes life sweet. —Sharon Valleau
Family is our first reason to be grateful. And these quotes capture why it will always be one of the best.
- Family and gratitude go hand in hand. —Renee Daniels
- Home is where the family gathers together, sticks up for one another, appreciates each other, and cares for everyone there. Home is where the hearts are loved. —Katherine Stano
- Family…they make us smile, they keep us grounded, they help us through with a little grace and a lot of love. They’re what we’re most thankful for. —Ellen Brenneman
- This family stays together no matter what, prays together through whatever comes, and gives thanks that we’ve been given one another as our biggest blessing. —Melvina Young
- Let there be music and laughter and food, generous blessings and warm gratitude. Let there be joy in our moments together. Let there be family…whose love is forever. —Jeannie Hund
- We believe in hugs and family and gratitude and fun and jokes and laughing hard and good times and great food and being too loud and love. —Amy Trowbridge-Yates
All you need is love…and appreciation! Whether it’s a longtime relationship or a brand-new one, sharing gratitude is such an important part of keeping love strong.
- Lucky in love. That’s me. —Suzanne Berry
- Life can be a big puzzle sometimes—but I’m so thankful that you and I are the pieces that go right next to each other. —Cat Hollyer
- Straight out of my dreams, right into my life…Thank you, lucky stars. —Suzanne Berry
- The vocabulary of romance is not all poetry. It also includes such words as “please,” “thank you,” “I’m sorry,” and “I really missed you today.” —Eva Allen
- Every day with you, every toy-covered floor or load of laundry, every hug, smile, and tear brings another reason to be so thankful that I have you to share this crazy life with. —Amy Trowbridge-Yates
- Thank you for trusting me with your heart. Thank you for loving me and letting me love you. —Meghan Craig
These quotes express the unique gratitude we feel for people who have dedicated themselves to serving others, from teachers to healthcare professionals to veterans and beyond.
- We owe so much to the everyday heroes who keep us safe and secure. —Alarie Tennille
- A good nurse takes care of patients. A great nurse also takes care of hearts. —Jeannie Hund
- Those who serve make it a better, brighter world for everyone. Thank you for all you’ve done for our country. —Tina Neidlein
- Thanks to the dedicated professionals who put the “care” in healthcare. It makes all the difference. —Megan Haave
- Here’s to the people who give it their all—who work extra shifts or are always on call…the healthcare providers who offer great care—you won’t find more kindhearted folks anywhere! —Linda Barnes
- Doing what you do=Making a difference. —Keely Chace
- Day in and day out dedication. Just one of the reasons good teachers deserve thanks all year round. —Jake Gahr
- It’s easier to reach for the stars when you have someone who lifts you up. —Meghan Craig
- So many teachers touch our lives along the way. And a few leave their mark forever. —Jim Howard
Gratitude doesn’t have to be serious business all the time! As these quotes demonstrate, appreciation can have a healthy sense of humor.
- If gratitude were sandwiches, I would be a 30-foot party sub. —Jennifer Fujita
- Little known fact: Thanking people burns calories. —Dan Taylor
- Compared to my cat, I’m very good at gratitude. —Keely Chace
- Appreciate everything good. Let go of everything not-so-good. Eat everything chocolate. —Renee Daniels
- So thank-y I need a hankie! —Katherine Stano
- #stressedbutstillblessed (I’m a multitasker. I can do both.) —Keely Chace
- Thanks, wine. You’ve been very helpful. —Bill Gray
- Gratitude is like gravy. If you leave it out, it forms a skin…ok, it’s not like gravy. —Dan Taylor
Brainstorming a list of what you’re grateful for is a good idea any time of year! Here are some Hallmark writer “thankfuls” to help get your own list going.
- Thankful for generous hearts, smiling eyes, and helping hands. —Bill Gray
- Grateful for people who look out for others, for angels in disguise, for champions of good. —Katherine Stano
- Thankful for fresh coffee and friendly cashiers and songbirds and dance parties and people I love. —Katherine Stano
- Grateful for the basics. Grateful for the people. Grateful for this breath and the next one. Just grateful. —Meghan Craig
- Thankful for donuts to dunk in my tea, thankful for people who look out for me. Thankful for friends who know just what to say. Thankful for PJs. Might wear ’em all day! —Bill Gray
- Reasons to be grateful: Waking up remembering a good dream. A baby giggling at a puppy. The last donut in the box is your favorite flavor. The season’s newest coffee drink flavor. A friend’s name coming up on your phone. Someone remembered to put the trash out. Someone to love you. Someone to love. —Jeannie Hund
At a certain time of year, you just want your gratitude covered in gravy and served with a side of togetherness!
—Hallmark Writing Studio
—Hallmark Writing Studio
- Spending a day eating, just being thankful, eating, watching TV, and eating with people I love? Thank you, YES! —Sara Quenzer
- Grateful for every plateful! —Lisa Riggin
- Thanksgiving calls out the best in us…gratitude for what’s good in life, a true spirit of welcome, and joy in simply being together. —Suzanne Berry
- Gratitude is like pie. It’s too good to keep to yourself. —Tina Neidlein
- Always add a pinch of gratitude. —Stacey Donovan
- Our Thanks Runneth Over. —Ellen Brenneman
- This is the perfect time of year to look back and be thankful. Because God is good and His love has carried us through. —Keion Jackson
- Thanksgiving…when we all see our blessings more clearly, hold our family and friendships more dearly, and offer our thanks more sincerely. —Kay Andrew
Can’t get enough great quotes? Check out some of our other quote collections. We promise, they’re just as smile-worthy and big bonus—you won’t find these quotes anywhere else.
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Gifting Hallmark and ArtLifting: Supporting Underrepresented Artists with Gifts and Cards That Give Back
Quána Madison is just one of the artists featured in Hallmark's new ArtLifting collection. But her story captures the...
There are so many way to celebrate Black History Month. And we absolutely love the ones that can be done as a family ...
What if our Christmas trees connected us to family and friends each moment we gathered around them? What if every orn...