85+ Memorable and Meaningful Mother’s Day Quotes
Moms love cards—and we’re not just saying that because we’re Hallmark. A heartfelt message in your handwriting is one of the best gifts you can give her. There’s just something about the power of words that goes straight to a mother’s heart. And an inspiring Mother’s Day quote can be a great way to honor not only your own mom, but all the important moms in your life.
Just like our cards, these Mother’s Day quotes come from Hallmark’s writers. Whether you want to share beautiful words or funny ones, these quotes are perfect for brightening a mom’s day and recognizing her for all she does. Or they might just inspire you to write a note with your own grateful message.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark.
Affirming Mother’s Day Quotes
More Affirming Mother’s Day Quotes:
- It takes a lifetime to truly appreciate all the ways a good mom makes all the difference. —Ellen Brenneman
- Motherhood is tough. Moms are tougher. —Keion Jackson
- When I grow up, I want to be just like my mom… beautiful. —Amy Trowbridge Yates
- Of all the people who pour sunshine into our days, moms are the best. —Keely Chace
- Smiles and hugs, joy and love… that’s what great moms are made of. —Paige DeRuyscher
- Moms just know… How to help. How to heal. How to listen. How to love. —Bill Gray
- M-O-M is just another way of spelling LOVE.
Inspiring Mother’s Day Quotes
A mom teaches love by living it. —R. Tankersley
A mom loves you first. Then forever. —Katherine Stano
More Inspiring Mother’s Day Quotes:
- For every dream that has taken flight, there’s a mother who believed. —Jennifer Fujita
- A mother teaches us that there is no end at all to what love can do. —Keely Chace
- They go beyond. They go above. Mothers have mastered how to love. —Keion Jackson
- She’s a woman of purpose, compassion, and strength… my hero, my mom. —Suzanne Berry
- A mother’s love is the sun for growing, the moon for dreaming, the stars for guiding the way. —Barbara Loots
Spiritual Mother’s Day Quotes
Thank God for a praying mother. —Bobbie Burrow
Every good gift comes from above, but moms do a lot of the delivery work. —Keely Chace
More Spiritual Mother’s Day Quotes:
- Moms have the kindness of angels and the patience of saints. All the more reason to thank God for them. —Matt Gowen
- Love is patient. Love is kind. Love is Mom. —Keely Chace
- Blessed are the moms, for they are the ones who bless everybody else. —Andrew Blackburn
- God can be everywhere, because he lives in the hearts of moms. —Bill Gray
- Moms give us the blessing of belonging. —Megan Haave
- A woman of faith with praise on her lips and joy in her heart… my beautiful mom. —Jeannie Hund
Funny Mother’s Day Quotes
You did it, Mom! I’m a nice person. —Bill Bridgeman
Motherhood: Because privacy is over-rated. —Russ Ediger
More Funny Mother’s Day Quotes:
- Show me a messy house and I’ll show you a really fun mom. —Ellen Brenneman
- Sign you’re a mom: You know there’s no greater sign of trouble than silence. —Melissa Woo
- A mom holds it together. Some days with tape and glue and safety pins, but she holds it together. —Keely Chace
- Moms give us wings to fly and rides to the ER when we don’t understand what a metaphor is. —Andrew Blackburn
- How does a mom do it? With patience. With deep, cleansing breaths. With imagination. With caffeine. With all the help she can get! —Keely Chace
- A mom’s job is to feed you, clothe you, and make you afraid to touch anything. —Allyson Cook
- When a mom loses her mind, she can be pretty sure her teen took it. —Suzanne Heins
Mother’s Day Quotes About Mamas
Love is a mighty thing. So are mamas. —Keion Jackson
Mama’s love is the light that guides. —Jeannie Hund
More Mother’s Day Quotes About Mamas:
- A mama holds a child on her hip… and the world in her hands. —Amy Trowbridge-Yates
- You don’t have to earn it or try to impress her… she loves you just ’cause she’s your mama, God bless her! —Diana Manning
- Mama’s hands tend you when you’re tiny, guide you as you grow, fold in prayer as you find your way, and never let you go. —Jeannie Hund
- Faith is the foundation of a strong, loving family and Mama is the cornerstone. —Renee Daniels
- Mamas are proof that God is good. —Melvina Young
Mother’s Day Quotes about Grandmothers
More Mother’s Day Quotes about Grandmothers:
- Grandmothers see the best in us, think the best of us, and bring out the best in us. —Cheryl Hawkinson
- A grandma is the extra hug, the bonus blessing, the love on top of more love, all your life. —Keely Chace
- Grandmas are the very best at making us feel loved and blessed. —Keely Chace
- Graceful and wise with a smile in her eyes… Grandma. —Jeannie Hund
- There’s nothing sweeter than being with Grandma. —Melvina Young
- A grandmother is a mom with all the worries worn off. —Barbara Loots
Find gifts just right for Grandmas, Abuelas, Nanas, Bubbes and Gammies.
Mother’s Day Quotes for New Moms and Moms-to-Be
As long as the baby book is filled out by the time they leave for college,
you’re good. —Amy Trowbridge-Yates
Typical day of a mom: Wiping, Shushing, Singing, Rocking, Sleeping, Feeding (them), Feeding (you), Cleaning, Crying (you), Crying (them), Me Time —Catherine Hollyer
More Mother’s Day Quotes for New Moms and Moms-to-Be:
- Make a rule that anyone who touches your stomach has to rub your feet as well. —Jennifer Fujita
- There’s something miraculous about becoming a mama. The more your baby grows, the bigger your heart gets. —Dierdra Zollar
- I thought I had it all, then I became a mom. —Lee Franklin
- It’s the little things in a mom’s life that touch her heart in the biggest ways. —Linda Elrod
- The world’s a warm and happy place where kids can play and grow— a place full up with snacks and hugs, ’cause mommies make it so. —Keely Chace
- Nothing says “new mom” like a baby in a dry-clean only sweater. —Jennifer Fujita
- Let there be storybooks, cuddling, and laps. Let there be lullabies, blankies, and naps. Let there be hopes bright as stars up above. Let there be mamas and all their sweet love. —Jeannie Hund
Mother’s Day Quotes for Mothers and Daughters
I’m so lucky one of my favorite humans is also my daughter. —Anna Wenner
So much of who I am is because of who you are. —Mary Miro
More Mother’s Day Quotes for Mothers and Daughters:
- You taught me that smart is beautiful. —Melvina Young
- Great women raise great women who raise great women. —Jennifer Fujita
- Moms and daughters. The best kind of girlfriends. —Katherine Stano
- A parent’s job is to lift their daughter up so that one day she will rise on her own. —Catherine Hollyer
- Mothers and daughters, connected by heart right from the start! —Paige DeRuyscher
- When your daughter is also a good friend, you’re one lucky mom. —Renee Daniels
- A daughter who follows her dreams is a mother’s dream come true. —Jake Gahr
Mother’s Day Quotes About Stepmoms and Bonus Moms
Some women are mothers because they stepped in and stepped up exactly when they were needed. —Melvina Young
Bonus love. Bonus support. Bonus Mom. —Amber Goodvin
More Mother’s Day Quotes About Stepmoms and Bonus Moms:
- The only thing better than having a mom is having a bonus mom, too. —Keely Chace
- There are women who love you as if they brought you here themselves. They are mothers of the spirit, protectors of the heart. —Melvina Young
- A stepmom has to be different things from one moment to the next… But in every moment, she’s a blessing. —Keely Chace
- We can never have too many people who care about us and love to see us smile. That’s why a great stepmom means so much. —Keely Chace
- You encouraged like a mom, protected me like a mom, and always loved me like a mom.
And that means the world to me. —Andrew Blackburn
- Because it never hurts to have an extra pair of arms to hug you… an extra heart loving you… there are godmothers. —Keely Chace
Mother’s Day Quotes to Honor Any Woman
Love grows wherever she goes. —Hallmark Staff
Women who lead with love live on in our hearts. —Allyson Cook
More Mother’s Day Quotes to Honor Any Woman:
- Behind every woman is another strong woman. —Tina Neidlein
- Mother’s Day is for women who do exactly what you do best: Love. —Valerie Stark
- Here’s to the women whose lives have inspired us and whose love has changed us. —Amy Trowbridge-Yates
- Some women just have that extra something: extra room in their heart, extra places at their table, and extra time for the people they love. —Suzanne Berry
- Mother’s Day is for every woman who holds nothing back… who gives her heart, soul, and energy to those she cares about and still finds a way to love them more every single day. —Andrew Blackburn
- Mother’s Day is for celebrating the nurturers, the givers, the huggers and helpers, the day-makers and life-changers… and that’s just what you are! —Keely Chace
Find ideas for what to write in a Mother’s Day card—and personalize the message to make it just right for your mom.
Shop Mother's DaySee all
You may also likeSee more
Birthday Summer birthday party ideas for everyone
Summer is a great time for outdoor get-togethers. You’re getting fresh air, seeing friends and family, and getting so...
Summer What is Disability Pride Month?: Understanding its importance and finding ways to celebrate
The Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted July 26, 1990 and was the first law in U.S. history to protect people...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 2: Fueling Fandom
This month in our historical 50th Anniversary series, we take a look back at our earliest fan favorites. Keepsake Orn...
Calendar Flip A (Very) Warm Hello! August 2023 Holidays and Observances
Is it hot enough for you? Well, we’re here to add some extra sizzle. It’s time to flip the calendar page, check ou...
Calendar Flip Welcome Autumn! September 2023 Holidays and Observances
Fall brings cooler nights, cute sweaters, homecoming games and tailgate parties. It’s time to flip the calendar page,...
Calendar Flip Let’s celebrate, y’all! July 2023 Holidays and Celebrations
Get ready for friends, family and fireworks—and break out the red, white and blue for Independence Day. It’s time ...
Card Ideas Card messages for kids: What to write in a kid’s holiday card and more
My 3-year-old was having a hard time at preschool drop-off. Dragging his feet. Asking to stay home. This went on a fe...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 1: Start Dreaming!
2023 marks 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments. We are so excited to celebrate ALL year with ALL of you! Each month, you’l...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Gifting 25+ “just because” gift ideas to show you care
I love giving gifts, and it’s easy to do it on birthdays and holidays. But when I really want to flex my gift-giving ...
Gift Wrapping How to use fabric wrap: A step-by-step guide for our reusable wrap
Don't you just love reusing gift bags? Well, now Hallmark has reusable gift wrap, too! Using it to wrap your gifts is...
Gift Wrapping 3 creative ways to reuse gift wrap scraps
Picture this: You’ve just finished wrapping a gift, you’re admiring your hard (but fabulous) work, and suddenly reali...
Arts, Crafts & DIY 8 tips on how to take great photos with your iPhone
Photos have been a huge part of capturing memories ever since cameras were invented. And these days, with advanced ca...
Recipes Cool drink recipes for your summer Golden Girls watch parties
We don’t know about you, but we love a good Golden Girls marathon. Maybe it’s the furniture covered in palm fronds. O...
Gifting Gift ideas to celebrate parents
How do you say “I love you” to parents that mean so much—the ones who’ve handled plenty of diaper changes (the really...
Gifting 10 creative ways to give cash
Whether it’s for a birthday, graduation, Christmas or just because you love them and think they deserve a special tre...