Chips and queso, a perennial party favorite, rise to the top of the class with our graduation adaptation. We provide a basic white queso recipe and include several optional ingredients you can mix for an extra kick. Step back and watch as everyone digs into these little rolled chips and our homemade dip-loma. Mmm.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes, adding garlic powder and cumin during the last minute.
- Whisk in flour, and cook, stirring constantly, for an additional minute.
- Slowly pour milk into mixture while whisking vigorously.
- Bring mixture to a simmer while stirring constantly. Then reduce heat to low.
- Add in shredded cheese and cook over low heat, stirring constantly a few more minutes until cheese has melted.
- Mix in any of the optional ingredients.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Tip: If dip thickens as it cools, simply reheat it to thin.