HAPPY NEW YEAR! If that hurt your head, you might have celebrated a little too much.
When you’re feeling better, we have some great tools and ideas for making this your best year yet—like free downloads for your planner, tips on journaling for self-care and different ways to connect with your favorite people.
So let’s flip the calendar page, check out January holidays and observances, and start thinking about who we’re celebrating and connecting with this month.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Capricorn (December 22-January 19)
Aquarius (January 20-February 18)
Grab your calendar and a notepad. For your personal list of notes to write and cards to send, think about:
- Weddings and anniversaries
- New babies and showers
- New jobs, promotions and retirements
- Thank-you notes
- Special events
- People you’re thinking about or praying for
- Folks you’ve been meaning to get in touch with
- Friends who need some extra care
Time to stock up?
New Year’s Day is January 1.
National Clean Off Your Desk Day is January 10.
January All Month
National Braille Literacy Month
New Year’s Day
Feast of the Epiphany
Día de los Tres Reyes Magos/Three Kings Day (Christian)
National Vision Board Day
- This is a day for creating a visual depiction of your goals to improve focus and boost your chances of success.
National Houseplant Appreciation Day is January 10.
National Dress Up Your Pet Day is January 14.
Universal Letter Writing Week
Word Nerd Day
National Clean Off Your Desk Day
- Or maybe put it off until tomorrow…
- Ideas for keeping favorites
National Houseplant Appreciation Day
- If you can keep them alive, you deserve to celebrate!
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is January 17.
This day is meant to honor the achievements of Martin Luther King, Jr., a Baptist minister and community leader who advocated the use of nonviolent means to end racial segregation.
Makar Sankranti (Hindu)
- This is a festival to honor Lord Surya, the sun god. The celebration includes immersing oneself into the river to wash away sins, eating sweet treats and flying kites.
National Dress Up Your Pet Day
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
National Popcorn Day
- Celebrate! Then floss.
- Browse recipes
International Sweatpants Day
- Also known as “Every day” if you work from home.
National Handwriting Day is January 23.
National Spouse’s Day is January 26.
National Handwriting Day
- Write in a journal, write a love letter, write a story. Just don’t write on the bathroom walls, please.
- Learn about journaling for self-care.
National Compliment Day
National Spouse’s Day
- Celebrate that wonderful human you married and maybe kiss or something.
- Browse love letter ideas
- More ideas
- Shop love cards
- Browse love gifts and movies
Holocaust Memorial Day
- A day to honor and remember members of the Jewish community and other victims who lost their lives to acts of genocide prior to and throughout World War II. By honoring their memory, we help ensure that it never happens again.
Give your phone and computer screens winter vibes with moody textures, cozy colors, and abstract goodness. Download your free January 2022 digital wallpapers below created by Andra K., a Hallmark Designer.
DOWNLOAD MOODY PALETTE BY HALLMARK ARTIST ANDRA K.
Christmas Frightfully Fantastic: Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington Wreath
Life’s no fun without a good scare! The Pumpkin King himself has arrived to make the holidays frightfully fun with mo...
If you love hosting friends and family in your home, you'll take any excuse to get together—from big birthdays to bab...