Apples, raspberries and cherries are finely minced and spiced to form the filling for this Fruity Mincemeat Pie. Honey and brandy give the finely minced fruit depth and richness. We suggest using our Cream Cheese Pie Crust to make sure your crust is sturdy enough to hold this flavorful fruity filling.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the fresh apples, frozen raspberries, dried apples and cherries, water, brandy, honey, orange zest, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Bring to a simmer over mediumlow heat. Reduce to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and simmer, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the butter and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, make the Cream Cheese Dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll one disk of dough to a 12-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie pan, leaving the overhang. Roll out the second disk of dough to 12 inches. Cut into ½-inch-wide strips.
- Scrape the mincemeat into the bottom crust. Trim the bottom-crust overhang to ½ inch and fold under. Use the dough strips to make a basket-weave lattice top. Trim any overhanging dough strips to come to the edge of the rim. Press the ends onto the bottom crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.