Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- 3, 36-in. latex balloons filled with helium
- Balloon weights (optional)
- 4½ to 5 yd. tulle, 54 to 60 in. wide
- Felt squares, in colors of your choice
- Green felt squares (for leaves)
- Rubber bands
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Sharp scissors
- Pin backs (optional)
- 3 to 4 yd. ribbon in width of your choice
- Clear thread or fishing line
Make 2 to 3 felt flowers per balloon according to each flower’s instructions. (Find the flower templates and instructions at the bottom of the Materials list.) Add pin backs to the flowers with a hot glue gun so you can reuse them another time (optional).
Cut tulle into 1½-yard pieces, and then wrap each piece of tulle around each filled balloon. Secure tulle at base of balloons with rubber bands. Tie ribbon around the rubber bands and tie the balloon weights to the other end of the ribbon (optional).
Pin or glue flowers onto the excess tulle under the tied ribbons, being careful not to pop the balloon as you add the flowers.
Place your pretty balloons around the room.
Tip: Try this if your balloons aren’t staying afloat with the addition of the flowers, ribbon and tulle, or if you want to make these balloons well ahead of time: Snip 2 tiny slits in the tulle at the top of the balloon and slide a long piece of clear thread through the slits. Then hang the balloons from the ceiling.