Planning a baby shower or baby's first birthday party? These little Diaper Tarts are sure to get a giggle from your guests. The fruity pastries are easy to make using prepared refrigerated piecrust dough and strawberry jam. Don't be surprised when these Diaper Tarts are the first thing to go!
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Let dough sit at room temperature while assembling ingredients. The dough should be warm enough to unroll, but still cool enough to cut easily.
- Using the diaper template provided, cut tart shapes from the dough using a scalloped pastry wheel, knife or pizza cutter.
- Move tarts to parchment-paper-covered baking sheets.
- Place 1 teaspoon strawberry jam in the center of each tart.
- Fold tart according to template, securing the front fold with a dab of water if necessary.
- Brush top of tart with beaten egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of water. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Decorate tarts with small ribbon bows (optional).