Asparagus adds fresh-picked flavor to our delightful roasted vegetable side dish. In this easy asparagus recipe, we combined asparagus spears with cremini mushrooms and shallots, tossed them with salt, olive oil and rosemary, and roasted them until the shallots were tender. Check out our tasty twists for more garden-variety combinations you could try with this versatile roasted asparagus recipe.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On large rimmed baking sheet, toss together asparagus, mushrooms, shallots, oil, salt and rosemary.
- Bake, tossing occasionally, 25 minutes or until shallots are tender.
- Try whole unpeeled cloves of garlic instead of the shallots.
- Use regular button mushrooms instead of the cremini.
- Or for a real treat—and an elegant touch—use fresh porcini mushrooms.
- The herb, too, can be played with. Sage or tarragon would be interesting choices.