12th wedding anniversary gift ideas
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
12th anniversary gifts and ideas for spouses
What to give
- A dozen of your partner’s favorite baked goods—think bagels, cupcakes or cookies—is a tasty way to celebrate 12 years together.
- Print a favorite photo and place it in a mother-of-pearl photo frame. Pair it with an anniversary card listing a dozen ways your spouse makes your life special.
- A set of real linen sheets gets better over time—just like your marriage.
- Gift a pair of washable silk pajamas for your partner to slip into whenever they need to relax and unwind.
What to write
What to write in a 12th anniversary card
- “We’ve seen a lot together, but you’re still my favorite view.”
- “Twelve years have flown by—probably because we’re having fun. Thanks for making our marriage the greatest adventure I’ve ever had.”
- “There’s no one on this earth who could make me laugh and love me like you do. Thank you for being my partner.”
What to write about in a 12th anniversary love letter
- 12 reasons why this year of marriage is going to be awesome.
- Recall a favorite trip you’ve taken with your spouse and what made it special.
- 12 places you want to visit with your love—cities, states and countries are all fair game!
How to celebrate
- You can’t have pearls without oysters! Dine at a restaurant with oysters on the menu.
- Surprise your spouse with a romantic dinner at home. Set the table, light some candles and promise to do the dishes…tomorrow.
- Cozy up in bed or on the couch for a movie marathon night complete with all your favorite movie snacks—chocolate, candy and whatever adult beverage pairs well with popcorn.
12th anniversary gifts and ideas for friends and family
What to give
- Share a sampler of a dozen tiny treats, such as coffee samples, meat and cheese pairings, chocolates or even olive oils and vinegars.
What to write in a 12th anniversary card
- “Sending a bunch of love to an incredible couple on their 12th anniversary.”
- “I’m thankful you found each other and even more thankful to know you both. Happy anniversary!”
- “We hope your 12th anniversary is as special as the two of you are.”
Want more anniversary gift ideas for each year? Go to our anniversary gifts by year page.
Shop pearl jewelrySee all
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Father's Day The history of Father's Day and how Hallmark cards for dads have evolved
We all know Father’s Day is the holiday that falls about a month after Mother’s Day. Mostly because that’s when famil...
Father's Day Free printable Father's Day coloring pages for Dad's #1 fans
Dads take so much pride in their kids’ talents. And if you know a dad who’s been claiming his son or daughter was the...
Mother's Day Free, printable Mother's Day coloring pages to make Mom's heart melt
Moms treasure their kids’ art like no one else. So what better way to brighten up Mom’s special day than by gifting h...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Spring History of Administrative Professionals Day
Three people led the effort to create Administrative Professionals Day/Week: Mary Barrett, a past president of the...
Easter Easter Eggs-travaganza: Our favorite Easter egg ideas
When it comes to Easter, we think both adults AND kids deserve to have some fun and make fabulous, way-too-pretty-to-...
St. Patrick's Day Free Printable St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages for Your Little Leprechauns
If you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, then you know it’s all about sharing love, luck and fun. And what could be more f...
Easter Free printable Easter coloring pages to brighten up your celebration
One of the best things about Easter—in addition to faith, family and food—is all the colors. So we figured we’d throw...
Spring History of Teacher Appreciation Week
People in the United States started celebrating National Teacher Day in 1953 when Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Cong...
Spring History of Nurses Day
In 1953, an official with the U.S. Department of Health, Education and Welfare proposed that President Dwight D. E...
Congratulations Rewards for Kids: 10 Parents Share Their Tips for Celebrating Achievements
One of the most important tools parents have to shape their kids’ behavior is the power of positive feedback. But as ...
Congratulations How to Give a Toast from the Heart
At some point in your life, you’ll need to give a toast. You might get advance notice as a Maid of Honor or host o...
Congratulations How to Say Congratulations (Even When You'd Really Rather Not)
Congratulating others is easy and fun, right? Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma...
New Year's Guilt-Free New Year's Resolutions
“New Year’s resolutions.” To some, those words are filled with pure possibility...an invitation to start anew, comple...
New Year's New Year's Resolution Ideas for Groups
New Year’s resolutions are pretty lonely deals. It’s just you and that thing you have to live up to. Ack! No wonde...
Christmas A Christmas tribute: meaningful ways to weave memories of lost loved ones into new holiday traditions
For many of us, Christmas is the time of year when we miss our lost loved ones the most. Finding ways to memoriali...