Fall brings cooler nights, cute sweaters, homecoming games and tailgate parties. It’s time to flip the calendar page, check out September holidays and observances, and start thinking about who we’re connecting with this month. We’ve shared some ideas to help you celebrate.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Virgo (August 23-September 22)
Libra (September 23-October 22)
Grab your calendar and a notepad. We’ve listed holidays below for you to add (and make lists of people you want to send cards, letters and gifts to). For your personal list, think about:
- Weddings and anniversaries
- New babies and showers
- New jobs, promotions and retirements
- Thank-you notes
- Special events
- People you’re thinking about or praying for
- Folks you’ve been meaning to get in touch with
- Friends who need some extra care
Time to stock up?
Do you need:
Rosh Hashanah is September 6.
Patriot Day is September 11.
Starting in September:
National Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month (September 15-October 15)
- Find out what it is and ways to celebrate.
- What is Labor Day? A day off to celebrate American workers’ contributions to our country.
Rosh Hashanah begins at sundown
- September 11, 2021, marks 20 years since terrorists hijacked four airplanes and carried out suicide attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon; one plane crashed in Pennsylvania. Several presidents have proclaimed the 11th and surrounding dates as national days of prayer, service and remembrance.
National Grandparents Day is September 12.
National Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month begins September 15.
National Grandparents Day
- What is National Grandparents Day?
- Shop cards
- Shop gifts
- Browse more gift ideas for grandparents and thoughtful gifts for seniors
Yom Kippur begins at sundown
- What is it? Jewish Day of Atonement.
National Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month begins
World Gratitude Day
First Day of Fall
National Pancake Day
- Try these fun twists on breakfast
National Good Neighbor Day
National Pancake Day is September 26.
First Day of Fall is September 22.
New beginnings are happening around us all the time: Moves, job changes and starting school are just a few of them. Read some great ideas for encouragement during a change.
When we get a chance to show our love and appreciation for a grandparent, we want to get the gift just right. But what do you give to the grands who have everything? Here are some loving and memorable ideas for giving to the ones who give us so much love.
Fall makes us all want to curl up under a blanket at home. But when we want to be social, it’s nice to have an inviting place where people feel welcome. (Hint: Being the perfect host doesn’t mean your house has to be perfect.)
In the time of legal racial segregation, writer Melvina Young’s family worked hard to protect her innocence and dreams. Now, she shares ways she makes her home a soft space her family can exist in a hard world, with tips for turning an already loving home into a sanctuary.
Get into a fall mood with these lovely watercolors adorning your screens. Download your free September 2021 digital wallpapers below illustrated by Teju A., a Hallmark artist.