Just hearing a parent’s voice, whether singing a lullaby or imparting encouraging words, is a sweet way to comfort and soothe a little one. So we made soft and snuggly recordable plush hearts and stars to carry 30-second messages from you to your child. And the best part? Your kids can take those messages with them wherever they go and listen to them whenever they want.
Thirty seconds might seem like a long time—especially when you’re trying to come up with something to say. So here are a few suggestions for messages your kiddos will love to hear over and over again.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
- Sing one of their favorite songs or lullabies. Don’t worry—they won’t care if you’re not pitch perfect.
- Say the thing you say every night at bedtime, like “I love you from here to the moon and back!” or “Goodnight. Sweet dreams. I love you!”
- Read a few pages of a favorite book—or all of the pages of a really short book!
- Talk about all of the people who love them. Say something like: “There are SO many people who love you. Grandma loves you. Grandpa loves you. Uncle Jon loves you. Cousin Ty loves you. And Mommy and Daddy love you so very, very much.”
- Sing the chorus of your favorite love song.
- Talk about some of the things you love about your child. Say something like: “There are so many things I love about you. I love how nice you are to your friends. I love how helpful you are. I love your hugs. I love your smile. I love you so very, very much!”
- Read one of these options:
Love you messy, love you clean,
morning, night and in-between.
Love you as you eat a snack
or wear a cape upon your back.
Love you when you splish and splash.
Love you as you dance or dash.
Love you when you laugh and play.
Love you, love you more each day!
Love you bigger than a mountain,
sweeter than a rose.
Love you top to bottom,
front to back and head to toes.
Love you always, everywhere,
with all the love I’ve got.
Love you just as much as you deserve.
(And that’s a lot.)
For all the smiles you bring,
for all your bravery and smarts,
for all the thoughts you think,
for all the kindness in your heart,
for everything you are and
all the caring things you do,
forever and for always,
our love is all for you.
You make me smile.
You warm my heart.
I love the things
you say and do.
I love it all,
’cause I love you.
My love for you is bigger than 10 times the state of Texas.
My love for you is stronger than 600 big T. rexes.
My love for you is sweeter than a giant apple pie.
My love for you is tall enough to stretch up to the sky.
So no matter what or when, remember this, without a doubt,
I love you with a love so big it never will run out.
This great big world is lucky
to have a kid like you—
strong, good-hearted, caring
and courageous through and through!
You demonstrate your power
by just being who you are—
a kid who’s made of greatness
and deserves to be a star!
You’re smart and delightful.
You shimmer and shine.
Of all the world’s children,
I’m so glad you’re mine.
You light up each moment
with laughter and fun.
You brighten my life,
and I love you a ton!
You astound me with your spirit.
You amaze me with your mind.
You’re a stellar combination
of determined, strong and kind.
Are you charming? Cool? Impressive?
We’d say “all of the above.”
We feel just so lucky
with a kid like you to love.
You outshine the brightest star
just by being who you are.
It’s great the way you laugh and play
and grow and learn and soar.
You mean the universe to me—
I couldn’t love you more.
- Record a message and give kids the recordable heart or star when you go out of town or can’t be with them at bedtime.
- See if the heart or star helps when transitioning your kids into day care or a new class at school, or when they’re getting used to a new babysitter.
- Let grandparents or other family members record their voices so your kiddos can hear them whenever they want.