Black Cat Cookies are just like their feline counterparts: sweet and cute with a little bit of attitude. Bring these cute black cat cookies to your Halloween table for a treat kids and adults will love. They’re super easy to make and fun to decorate with candy corn and cinnamon candy—and you don’t need a special cookie cutter to make the faces. And we feel lucky any time chocolate crosses our path.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until well combined. Add egg and mix again. Add vanilla and mix in. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add this to the butter and sugar mixture and stir to combine. Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to a thickness of ¼”
- Use a round biscuit or cookie cutter or to cut out circles of dough and pinch triangle on each to create ears. Use a toothpick to make whisker marks, and add the cinnamon candy nose.
- Bake on a parchment-covered baking sheet for 8 minutes, until firm but not darker at the edges. Remove from oven and immediately add candy corn eyes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a baking rack to cool completely.