These fanciful sugar cookies are so easy to make they’ll have you dancing on air. With prepared dough and icing, you'll have professional-looking Fluffy Cloud Sugar Cookies in minutes. These are perfectly suited for our "Love Makes Good Things Grow" baby shower theme. Package them up and send them off with guests as a sweet reminder of the day.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Roll out the cookies to ¼- or ⅛-inch thickness and cut with cloud cutters. Transfer cookies to baking sheets and bake according to recipe instructions.
- When baking is complete, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.
- When cookies are cool, use the back of a spoon to layer on the white icing in a swirly pattern. Reserve about ¼ cup of icing for shading.
- For shading, add a drop or two of blue food coloring to reserved white icing. Dip a pastry brush in the blue icing and add a swirl of blue icing to one rounded edge on each cookie.
- To use the cookies as party favors (optional), place each cookie in a cellophane bag, and seal with washi tape. Use a hole punch to string our “Thanks for dropping by!” raindrop treat tag printables onto lengths of baker’s twine to tie up the bags.