Some people think a good Panna Cotta is as good as dessert gets. With Hallmark's Panna Cotta recipe, you'll get an A+ Panna Cotta with just the right jiggle, sweetness and flavor. Top the delightful dessert with our stewed berry sauce for extra credit!
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
For panna cotta
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream with vanilla bean seeds (including pod) and sugar. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved. Discard vanilla pod.
- Place milk in a small bowl and sprinkle gelatin over the top of the milk to soften and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Stir gelatin mixture into hot cream and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in yogurt. Divide between 4- to 6-ounce ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until set, 6 hours or overnight.
- Before removing panna cotta from ramekins, prepare berries. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine berries, sugar and orange zest. Heat until sugar is dissolved and berries are juicy, stirring occasionally. Set aside until ready to use.
- Dip each ramekin halfway in hot water for a few seconds to loosen panna cotta. Flip ramekin upside down on individual dessert plate to turn out panna cotta. They might need a jiggle or re-dip. Serve panna cotta with warm stewed berries immediately.