Whole roasted carrots make an impressive yet simple side dish. Tangy yogurt sauce adds an extra pop of flavor. Carrots come in a rainbow of colors - if you can find purple, yellow or white carrots (preferably with the green tops still intact) try them in this recipe.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel carrots and spread them out on a large sheet pan. Cover tightly with foil and transfer to the oven for 10 minutes (this initial roasting at high heat will steam the carrots to get them started).
- Take pan out of the oven and remove foil. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Toss carrots with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Return pan to oven and continue roasting until carrots are tender, 20 to 25 minutes more (depending on the size / thickness of the carrots.
- While carrots roast, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, honey and cumin.
- Serve carrots warm with lemon cumin yogurt drizzled on top or on the side for dipping.