DIY Superhero Toppers for Father’s Day Breakfast
Nothing says “You’re awesome” like a breakfast spread and gifts decorated with these superhero toppers by Hallmark artist Kelly Castor. We used them to make a big deal out of Father’s Day, but they’re great for any of your heroes—from kiddos to coworkers.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
What you’ll need for DIY Superhero Toppers
- Wooden toothpicks and/or skewers
- Scissors or craft knife
- Hole punch
- Glue or glue stick
- Free printable toppers
- White cardstock
- Gifts wrapped in dark blue paper (like this or this) or gift bags (like this, this or this)
- Yellow construction paper or cardstock
- Red felt (for the Coffee Crusader cape)
- Coffee Mug (for the Coffee Crusader)
- Food and drinks
How to make food and drink toppers
1. Print page one of the free download in color on cardstock.
2. Cut out the toppers with scissors or a craft knife.
3. Tape a toothpick or skewer to the back.
Stick the toppers in a short stack (or tall stack) of pancakes…in cupcakes…or through the garnishes on Dad’s favorite beverage.
Looking for a great Bloody Mary recipe? Here’s the one we used.
How to give presents some extra pop!
As long as you’re endowing pancakes with superpowers, you might as well give the gifts an upgrade.
Incog-neato gift bag:
- Cut out the mask on page two of the printable.
- Punch holes in each outer corner and tie on some baker’s twine.
- Tie the mask onto a gift (or the sidekick of your choice).
- Wrap your gift or gifts in dark, solid blue or black wrapping or tissue paper.
- Cut squares and rectangles for the lighted windows out of yellow construction paper or cardstock.
- Glue the windows on and arrange the gifts in a cityscape.
Coffee Crusader cape:
- Cut a piece of felt about 1 inch shorter than and 3/4 the diameter of your coffee mug.
- Cut an even number of holes about 1/4–1/2 inch from the top, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Cut a piece of baker’s twine at least 1 1/2 times the diameter of the mug and string it through the holes in the cape.
- Glue a star or lightning bolt (from page one of the printable) to the back.
- Tie it around the coffee mug above the handle.
Shop Father's DaySee all
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary 85+ anniversary gift ideas to celebrate the day you said “I do”
Look, here’s the situation—my wife and I have been together more than 20 years, which means there have definitely bee...
Recipes Say hello to summer with this pretty rosemary paloma cocktail
If summer had a single defining flavor, it would have to be citrus. From lemonade to key lime pie, that mouth-waterin...
Gifting All aboard for celebrating Disney’s 100th anniversary!
Keepsake Artist Gregor Benedetti reveals the Disney 100th Anniversary Special Edition Figurine, complete with lights ...
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday Summer birthday party ideas for everyone
Summer is a great time for outdoor get-togethers. You’re getting fresh air, seeing friends and family, and getting so...
Summer What is Disability Pride Month?: Understanding its importance and finding ways to celebrate
The Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted July 26, 1990 and was the first law in U.S. history to protect people...
LGBTQ Pride party ideas and everyday celebration inspiration for the LGBTQ community
We all know that Pride Month is a wonderful time to celebrate and commemorate the LGBTQ community, but it’s certainly...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 2: Fueling Fandom
This month in our historical 50th Anniversary series, we take a look back at our earliest fan favorites. Keepsake Orn...
Calendar Flip A (Very) Warm Hello! August 2023 Holidays and Observances
Is it hot enough for you? Well, we’re here to add some extra sizzle. It’s time to flip the calendar page, check ou...
Calendar Flip Welcome Autumn! September 2023 Holidays and Observances
Fall brings cooler nights, cute sweaters, homecoming games and tailgate parties. It’s time to flip the calendar page,...
Calendar Flip Let’s celebrate, y’all! July 2023 Holidays and Celebrations
Get ready for friends, family and fireworks—and break out the red, white and blue for Independence Day. It’s time ...
Card Ideas Card messages for kids: What to write in a kid’s holiday card and more
My 3-year-old was having a hard time at preschool drop-off. Dragging his feet. Asking to stay home. This went on a fe...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 1: Start Dreaming!
2023 marks 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments. We are so excited to celebrate ALL year with ALL of you! Each month, you’l...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Gifting 25+ “just because” gift ideas to show you care
I love giving gifts, and it’s easy to do it on birthdays and holidays. But when I really want to flex my gift-giving ...
Gift Wrapping How to use fabric wrap: A step-by-step guide for our reusable wrap
Don't you just love reusing gift bags? Well, now Hallmark has reusable gift wrap, too! Using it to wrap your gifts is...
Gift Wrapping 3 creative ways to reuse gift wrap scraps
Picture this: You’ve just finished wrapping a gift, you’re admiring your hard (but fabulous) work, and suddenly reali...
Arts, Crafts & DIY 8 tips on how to take great photos with your iPhone
Photos have been a huge part of capturing memories ever since cameras were invented. And these days, with advanced ca...
Recipes Cool drink recipes for your summer Golden Girls watch parties
We don’t know about you, but we love a good Golden Girls marathon. Maybe it’s the furniture covered in palm fronds. O...