Nothing says “You’re awesome” like a breakfast spread and gifts decorated with these superhero toppers by Hallmark artist Kelly Castor. We used them to make a big deal out of Father’s Day, but they’re great for any of your heroes—from kiddos to coworkers.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
- Wooden toothpicks and/or skewers
- Scissors or craft knife
- Hole punch
- Glue or glue stick
- Free printable toppers
- White cardstock
- Gifts wrapped in dark blue paper (like this or this) or gift bags (like this, this or this)
- Yellow construction paper or cardstock
- Red felt (for the Coffee Crusader cape)
- Coffee Mug (for the Coffee Crusader)
- Food and drinks
1. Print page one of the free download in color on cardstock.
2. Cut out the toppers with scissors or a craft knife.
3. Tape a toothpick or skewer to the back.
Stick the toppers in a short stack (or tall stack) of pancakes…in cupcakes…or through the garnishes on Dad’s favorite beverage.
Looking for a great Bloody Mary recipe? Here’s the one we used.
As long as you’re endowing pancakes with superpowers, you might as well give the gifts an upgrade.
Incog-neato gift bag:
- Cut out the mask on page two of the printable.
- Punch holes in each outer corner and tie on some baker’s twine.
- Tie the mask onto a gift (or the sidekick of your choice).
- Wrap your gift or gifts in dark, solid blue or black wrapping or tissue paper.
- Cut squares and rectangles for the lighted windows out of yellow construction paper or cardstock.
- Glue the windows on and arrange the gifts in a cityscape.
Coffee Crusader cape:
- Cut a piece of felt about 1 inch shorter than and 3/4 the diameter of your coffee mug.
- Cut an even number of holes about 1/4–1/2 inch from the top, about 1/2 inch apart.
- Cut a piece of baker’s twine at least 1 1/2 times the diameter of the mug and string it through the holes in the cape.
- Glue a star or lightning bolt (from page one of the printable) to the back.
- Tie it around the coffee mug above the handle.