Looking for a Fall family night activity? Round up the kids for an evening of Halloween shivers and snacks. We’ve got movie recommendations for children of all ages and a fun popcorn bar idea that will make your family Halloween movie night a night to remember.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
1. Get in your comfiest clothes! Pajamas absolutely welcome.
2. Gather up a bed sheet, all the pillows and some blankets to create a cozy nest or a blanket fort in the family room. Or take the party outside: Hang a sheet and project movies against a wall.
3. Belly up to the Popcorn Bar (directions below).
4. Wait until dark and turn on the double feature.
Make sure your Halloween movie night double feature is fun by matching the movie to your kids’ ages.
- Pooh’s Heffalump Adventures
- Spookley the Square Pumpkin
- Boo To You, Too! Winnie the Pooh
- Curious George: A Halloween Boo Fest
5 and up
- Spooky Buddies
- Monsters, Inc.
- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
- Little Monsters
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
- The Last Unicorn
- Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-rabbit
8 and Up
- Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Goosebumps (2015)
- The Blob (1958)
- The Dark Crystal
- Hotel Transylvania
- Monster House
- Corpse Bride
- The House with a Clock in Its Walls
12 and up
- The Addams Family (1991 and 2019)
- Hocus Pocus
- The Watcher in the Woods
- The Goonies
- Monster Squad
- Something Wicked This Way Comes
Make a do-it-yourself popcorn bar that’s free of anything sticky or messy—so everyone can enjoy and nobody has to clean up!
What you’ll need:
- Plain popcorn
- Cheese popcorn
- Caramel corn
- Tiny pretzels
- Goldfish crackers
- Teddy bear crackers
- Non-melty candy (m&m’s, Skittles, gummy things)
Set out bowls of goodies and a lunch bag or bowl for each person, and let everyone mix and match their own combination of treats to enjoy during the movie.
Christmas Frightfully Fantastic: Disney Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Jack Skellington Wreath
Life’s no fun without a good scare! The Pumpkin King himself has arrived to make the holidays frightfully fun with mo...
If you love hosting friends and family in your home, you'll take any excuse to get together—from big birthdays to bab...