For a Halloween twist on traditional Chex mix, try our Witchy Snack Mix. This easy-to-make Halloween treat features chocolate chips, wasabi peas, Oreos, yogurt-covered raisins plus candy googly eyes for an even more wicked sweet-and-salty mix. But you can throw in any Halloween treats that make your hungry ghouls happy.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
For the witch hats:
For the snack mix:
To make the witch hats:
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Melt ½ cup of chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Thin the mixture with a little vegetable oil, adding the oil 1 teaspoon at a time, until the chocolate is thinner but not overly runny. Add black food coloring, if desired, and stir to blend.
- Open the Oreo cookies and use the half without the filling as a hat base.
- Brush or spoon a small amount of chocolate onto the hat base to cover.
- Dip a Bugle into the chocolate and place in the center of the Oreo base. Add a strip of candy ribbon to cover where the cookie and Bugle join, using tweezers to apply.
- Allow chocolate to harden fully before adding the witch hats into the rest of the mix.
To make the snack mix:
- Attach candy googly eyes to cereal pieces using remaining melted chocolate. Allow chocolate to harden.
- Mix all the snack mix ingredients in a 1½ quart bowl. Scatter witch hats around on top of the mix.