Raise the cute-factor of your cupcakes 1000% by turning them into sweet-faced polar bears. We make it easy with cake from a box and frosting from a can. Just add a few candy decorations. And because sometimes smaller is even more adorable, we’ve included a version with mini-cupcakes. The Arctic Circle never looked so adorable.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
For regular-sized cupcakes:
For mini cupcakes:
- Follow the instructions on the cake mix to make a dozen cupcakes. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- Use an offset spatula or flat utensil to spread each cupcake with white icing.
- Roll the top of each cupcake in the coconut.
- Add one candy eye for a nose and add two black pearl candies (or dragees) on either side for eyes.
- Add a single piece of pink confetti for a tongue. You can change the placement to vary the polar bear’s expression.
- To make the ears, cut a mini marshmallow in half horizontally.
- Stick one piece of pink confetti on each cut surface.
- Attach to the cupcake.
- For mini polar bear cupcakes, use a mini muffin pan, and substitute white pearl candies for ears and smaller black pearl candies for eyes.