Sloths are having a moment. Maybe because they seem so chill when the world around them is going so fast? Whatever. We love them. And we hope these cupcakes do them justice. The base of the sloth cupcake is just any homemade or store-bought cupcake. Start building the face using basic frosting. The characteristic sloth look comes from a little marshmallow fondant combined with smooshed caramel pieces. The details come from a few easy candy additions. Enjoy (or slowly savor!) these cute sloth cupcakes.
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Make the cupcakes and let them cool completely. (We used boxed cake mix to create the base for our sloths, but any cupcakes without icing will work.)
- Frost with chocolate frosting.
- Roll in brown sanding sugar.
- Add a piece of white fondant for the face with a small oval cookie cutter.
- Cut a piece of caramel with a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Cut the caramel heart into two halves and add to the face for the sloth’s “mask.”
- Dot the caramel with chocolate frosting to create rings around the eyes.
- Add candy pearls for eyes.
- Cut a jellybean in half for the nose, and use a tiny bit of frosting to add it.
- Pipe a smile with black gel frosting.