Savor the fresh-squeezed flavor of Hallmark's Lemon Bars. Here you'll find a classic Lemon Bar recipe complete with a crisp crust, tangy lemon filling and a dusting of powdered sugar. We also squeezed in a few variations: Orange Creamsicle Bars, Chocolate-Orange Bars, Lime Bars and Lemon-Raspberry Bars.
Inspired? Create and share with #hallmark.
For the crust
For the topping
Make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, blend together the flour, confectioners’ sugar and butter until crumbly. With lightly floured hands, press the mixture evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until light golden brown.
Make the topping
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Mix in the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Remove the crust from the oven, quickly remix the lemon topping and pour it over the warm crust. Return it to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the top with confectioners’ sugar through a strainer. Cut into 36 bars, 1½ inches by 2 inches.
Orange creamsicle bars
For the crust, add 1 tablespoon grated orange zest to the mixture. For the topping, use orange juice instead of lemon juice. Decrease the sugar to 1 cup. Stir in ½ cup sour cream.
For the crust, decrease the flour to 1 cup and add 1 cup finely ground almonds. For the topping, use orange juice instead of lemon juice and decrease the sugar to 1 cup. Sprinkle the hot crust with 1 cup chocolate chips and let sit to soften. With a spatula, spread the chocolate evenly over the crust. Add the orange topping and return to the oven.
For the topping, use lime juice instead of lemon juice. Decrease the sugar to 1½ cups. Use lime zest instead of lemon zest. Add ½ cup flaked coconut to the topping when you add the zest.
Spread ½ cup raspberry jam over the baked crust before pouring on the lemon topping.