Inspired? Create and share by tagging @hallmarkstores.
- Felt (as many colors as you’d like for the flowers, plus green for leaves)
- Sharp scissors
- Buttons in assorted colors and sizes
- Craft sticks (6 in. long or longer)
- Green paint and paint brush (we used 2 shades)
- Waxed paper
- Long basket or planter with filler (such as glass beads, coffee beans, florist foam or grass)
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks or craft glue
- Black or dark-colored permanent marker (optional)
Cut out felt using templates provided or your own flower designs. Cut several for each flower in different sizes for layering. To make flowers shown, we used either 2 layers of felt and 2 buttons, or 3 layers of felt with 1 button. Cut an additional circle out of felt for the back side of each flower you create (optional).
Layer felt flowers and buttons together from largest on bottom to smallest on top until you have the look you want. Use hot glue or craft glue to secure the layers together.
In another area, lay out waxed paper and paint the craft sticks green for the flower stems. Let dry. Be sure to paint both sides. Use 2 coats if necessary.
When sticks are dry, add a funny or sweet message on the back of each stem using a permanent marker (optional). Keep it short so it can fit on the stick.
Glue the center back of each flower to the front tip of each painted craft stick using hot glue or craft glue. Glue the circles of felt to the backs of each stick to cover the stick.
Arrange the flowers in your basket or planter.