Chocolate Fudge is the time-pressed hostess's best friend. No baking. No fancy utensils. No cooking expertise. All you need for this Chocolate Fudge recipe are a few ingredients and a microwave. The espresso powder in this recipe adds a sophistication that will make guests think this deep, rich fudge hailed from an artisanal chocolate store.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, stir the marshmallows, milk, espresso powder and salt together.
- Microwave for 3 minutes (do not use the low setting).
- Remove from the microwave, and stir the mixture until smooth.
- Add all the chocolate chips and stir until melted.
- Add the vanilla and pecans (optional).
- Line an 8-by-8-inch pan with waxed paper.
- Spread the fudge mixture evenly in the pan.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- After it is chilled, turn out onto a cutting board, peel off the wax paper, and cut into pieces.
Tip: This recipe requires the fudge to be chilled 2 hours.
Espresso powder in this fudge makes it a no-no for kids on Christmas Eve. But a yes-yes for parents. Or Santa.