Skeleton Cupcakes pair easy DIY toppers with home-baked or store-bought cupcakes. The skeletons are made of yogurt covered pretzels, candy necklace beads, and marshmallows. This kid-friendly cupcake decorating activity is a little silly and a little spooky—and looks adorable on your Halloween table.
Inspired? Create and share with #MyHallmark.
- Poke one cake pop stick into the center of each cupcake, making sure you have a few inches sticking out the top.
- Get the heads ready: On one flat side of each marshmallow, draw a mouth (as happy or scary as you like!) with the food-safe marker. Then add two dots of decorating gel to stick the googly eyes on. (You can also just draw eyes on with the marker.) Set them aside.
- Stack the following on the cake pop stick for each cupcake: 1 yogurt pretzel, 1 candy bead, 1 yogurt pretzel, 1 candy bead, 1 yogurt pretzel, 2 candy beads.
- Break or cut the tops off 24 pretzels to use as arms. Stick them inside the top rib (see picture) You can add a little decorating gel to help them stay in place if you’d like.
- Top each skeleton with a marshmallow, with the head facing the same direction as the tops of the pretzels (they should look like ribs).