Spring coloring pages to help you celebrate brighter days
It’s spring! And in our book, spring means color. It’s in the flowers that pop up, the birds that come back and the outfits we dig from the back of our closets. Which is perfect, because we can only handle so much gray.
Personally, we can’t think a better way to celebrate the return of color after a long, dark winter than coloring. It’s basically like having a rainbow at your fingertips. So break out the crayons and sharpen those colored pencils—we’ve got some serious shading to do!
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Welcome a world of color with kids
Do kids really need a reason to color? No. But do they love an opportunity to sit down with you and color? Yes. They might get a little (read: very) bossy about where and how you should do it, but kids love having you there, creating by their side.
Here are some fun ways to use these free, printable spring coloring pages with kids:
- Color the same printable, but tell them no peeking while it’s in progress. Afterward, compare which parts of your coloring page are the same and which ones are different. Give them extra creativity points for number of colors used or advanced ideas like incorporating patterns.
- Show them how to shade. Blending colors and using different amounts of pressure to create shading isn’t terribly hard, but to them it’ll seem like magic. See our tips for shading near the end of the article!
- Use this coloring session as an excuse to gift them a new box of crayons. Because they’re nothing like that new crayon feeling.
- If you celebrate Purim, make our color-and-cut Purim mask part of the party!
Spring coloring pages for kids
If you need some supplies, we have suggestions:
Set up a coloring date with close friends
If you’ve never sat around and colored with friends…we’re sorry, but what are you waiting for?? It’s so relaxing, and it gives you a fun activity to do while you’re catching up, without anyone feeling pressure to keep the conversation going.
Some ways to make it more of a thing:
- Make an invite! We guarantee the prospect of coloring will sound fun to pretty much everyone.
- Serve a colorful cocktail. A classic tequila sunrise is easy and pretty. But if you search for “colorful cocktails,” you’ll get a ton of other cool options.
- Have lots of coloring options available. Stock up on crayons, markers and colored pencils here, or tell your friends to bring what they have.
- Serve finger food. Chips and dip, appetizers on toothpicks, a cheese board…all great, easy options for a fun night coloring with friends.
Spring coloring pages for adults
We have LOTS more coloring pages, for pretty much any time of year. Check them out!
- Easter coloring pages: Bunnies, chicks and eggs galore.
- St. Patrick’s Day coloring pages: Sham-rock those colors with these fun designs for kids.
- Mother’s Day coloring pages: Help your kids color something just for Mom’s special day.
- Father’s Day coloring pages: Lots of these designs would go great in a frame—perfect for a simple Father’s Day gift.
- Summer coloring pages: We all need some inside activities when it gets super hot. Find details designs for adults and simple illustrations for kids.
- Halloween coloring pages: More cute than creepy, you’ll find coloring pages for both kids and adults here.
- Christmas coloring pages: Take a break from the holiday hustle and color with hot cocoa.
- Valentine’s Day coloring pages: You’ll love (sorry, not sorry) these designs, with options for kids and adults, too.
Shop CrayolaSee all
You may also likeSee more
Mother's Day Meaningful, personal Mother's Day gift ideas for every mom you know
It can be tough to come up with gift ideas for Mom. Most of us want to give her something meaningful: a gift that sho...
Easter Hippity, hoppity, hooray—Easter’s on its way!
Celebrate Springtime! Bunny’s getting ready for Easter, candy and egg hunts. Along with her companion book, this pair...
Mother's Day What to do when Mother's Day is Mothers' Day: How to celebrate two moms
We announced we were pregnant on Mother's Day. It was the first time my wife Cady and I realized we were about to be ...
Mother's Day The history of Mother’s Day: Fraught beginnings and fun facts
Ah, Mother’s Day. The one day a year we spoil the women who spoil us the other 364. I think we all can agree Mother’s...
Mother's Day Mother's Day without Mom: Remembering lost loved ones with new traditions
This Mother’s Day will be my third without my mom. She died just before Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020, which mad...
Mother's Day Mother’s Day traditions to start this year
There are infinite ways to celebrate your special lady on Mother’s Day: A self-care spa outing, dinner at her favorit...
Spring What is Arab American Heritage Month?
April is National Arab American Heritage Month, a special time to recognize the achievements of Arab Americans, the h...
Card Ideas What to write: Message ideas for Administrative Professionals Day
Everyone knows that behind every well-run office is a great administrative assistant, and Administrative Professional...
Drinks Sparkling green tea soda
Green tea has been much applauded for its health-giving properties, but it also makes a great base for a sparkling su...
Calendar Flip Woo-Hoo—summer’s here! June 2023 holidays and celebrations
Summer is here in all her glory and we are ready. Warm days and cool drinks lay ahead. So it’s time to flip the ca...
Calendar Flip Yay for May! May 2023 holidays and celebrations
Flowers are blooming, students are graduating and moms are getting some well-deserved appreciation. What a fabulou...
Calendar Flip Welcome back, spring! April 2023 holidays and celebrations
Oh, spring, we’ve missed you most of all. We don’t even care that you bring showers—we’re just excited to be outsi...
Easter Stop, drop and rock with this springtime hen
This brightly colored hen brings the eggs AND belts out the tunes, which basically guarantees she'll be the center of...
Recipes Raise a toast to spring with this sparkling butterfly pea tea
As the first warm evenings of spring return, most of us find ourselves craving a cool drink in a comfy, sun-drenched ...
Spring Free Printable: Cute DIY cross-stitch monogram to decorate envelopes
We love the feeling of finding someone that perfect card—one that says exactly what they need to hear or is sure to m...
Spring The prettiest DIY butterfly cake topper for spring
Does anything say spring like gorgeous butterflies fluttering around? Upgrade all your spring soirees with this lovel...
Spring Easy spring decor idea: DIY mushroom garland
Maybe the kids need a craft to keep busy during all those spring showers. Or maybe you’re looking for a new spring de...
Recipes 5 deviled egg recipes to use up all those Easter eggs
It happens every year—you buy a dozen or more eggs to boil, dye, hide and seek, only to find yourself surprised to fi...
Spring Celebrate new beginnings with a spring picnic party
There’s just something about spring that makes us feel rejuvenated. Maybe it’s all those pretty flowers popping up, o...
Easter Easter basket ideas for all ages: DIY decorations, gifts and more
Excited to get hopping on those Easter baskets? We love to see it. And we love to inspire it, too! So we’ve put toget...