32 Sweet Valentine’s Day Ideas for Family Fun at Home
Who do we love the most in the whole world? Our families. So we’ve pulled together all our best tips for making Valentine’s Day a big, happy love-fest for kids, parents, even pets. We’ve got Valentine’s Day ideas to keep you busy all day!
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @HallmarkStores.
Start your family fun at home with valentines
Loved ones should get the most heartfelt Valentine’s Day messages, right? So we’ve got help making your family feel loved—whether you’re choosing from one of our cards or making your own.
1. Start the excitement on the outside by hand-lettering the name or trying Valentine’s Day envelope art.
2. Get some help with what to write in a Valentine’s Day card.
3. Tuck in a little something extra.
Make kids treats even sweeter
Bake Valentine’s Day sweets at home (we’ll get to that) or pick them up from the store—either way you go, we’ve got easy, inexpensive ways to add a little love to the presentation.
4. Wrap mini candy bars with our free printable.
5. Upcycle last year’s cards into adorable, tiny gift boxes—the perfect size for a truffle or fancy chocolate.
6. Personalize cute Paper Wonder gift boxes with ideas from Hallmark artists.
Wrap gifts up in love
If Valentine’s Day at your house calls for bigger presents, try these simple but showstopping gift wrap ideas.
7. Trim it with tissue paper.
8. Turn gifts into animals with printable add-ons.
9. Sending gifts through the mail? Try one or more of these 30 creative tips.
Remember: Food is love
You can bake up some Valentine’s Day surprises in advance…or for more fun, get the whole family involved.
10. Whip up a heart-y breakfast.
11. Get all the basics of making and decorating Cupid-worthy sugar cookies from our resident expert.
12. Make cookies to look like your friends, family—even pets.
13. Turn your cookies into a bouquet with these easy tips.
14. Try one of these creative ideas for cookies, cupcakes and more.
15. Go the decadent route with recipes full of rich, chocolatey goodness.
Put your hearts into family crafts
Want to spend the day making? We’ve got ideas that will let everyone from toddlers to teens get creative.
Get crafty with these ideas:
16. Free printable Valentine’s Day coloring pages
17. Creative Valentine’s Day crafts for kids
18. DIY Sketchbooks for your Valentine
Make Valentine’s Day mailboxes:
19. DIY Koala Valentine Box: Make yours with our free template
20. Use our free printables to craft a DIY valentine box for school
21. Kids’ Valentine Box Ideas: Inspiration from Hallmark Artists
22. DIY Valentine Box
Create the cutest pet toys:
23. Pet Toys: Crafts to make your pets happy
24. DIY Holiday Gifts for Pets
Put the kids to bed
Once the little ones are asleep, it’s time to make things a bit more romantic—and we’re more than happy to play Cupid.
25. Get tips for writing a love letter that will melt your partner’s heart.
26. Your own handwriting is unique, recognizable and perfect—but if you’d like to try calligraphy, there’s no better moment.
27. Lead up to a night together by texting or emailing sweet or funny Valentine’s Day quotes.
28. Seduce your sweetie with an Adonis Cocktail.
29. Add a little zest to your Valentine’s Day dinner with these romantic recipes.
Shop Valentine's DaySee all
You may also likeSee more
Anniversary 85+ anniversary gift ideas to celebrate the day you said “I do”
Look, here’s the situation—my wife and I have been together more than 20 years, which means there have definitely bee...
Recipes Say hello to summer with this pretty rosemary paloma cocktail
If summer had a single defining flavor, it would have to be citrus. From lemonade to key lime pie, that mouth-waterin...
Gifting All aboard for celebrating Disney’s 100th anniversary!
Keepsake Artist Gregor Benedetti reveals the Disney 100th Anniversary Special Edition Figurine, complete with lights ...
Anniversary Anniversary gifts by year
There are a lot of anniversary gift lists out there. Most hit the major milestones with traditional and modern the...
Arts, Crafts & DIY How to make a DIY money lei for graduations, weddings, birthdays and more
In Hawaii, people give leis to celebrate lots of different occasions. A money lei is a great way to celebrate a gr...
Birthday Summer birthday party ideas for everyone
Summer is a great time for outdoor get-togethers. You’re getting fresh air, seeing friends and family, and getting so...
Summer What is Disability Pride Month?: Understanding its importance and finding ways to celebrate
The Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted July 26, 1990 and was the first law in U.S. history to protect people...
LGBTQ Pride party ideas and everyday celebration inspiration for the LGBTQ community
We all know that Pride Month is a wonderful time to celebrate and commemorate the LGBTQ community, but it’s certainly...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 2: Fueling Fandom
This month in our historical 50th Anniversary series, we take a look back at our earliest fan favorites. Keepsake Orn...
Calendar Flip A (Very) Warm Hello! August 2023 Holidays and Observances
Is it hot enough for you? Well, we’re here to add some extra sizzle. It’s time to flip the calendar page, check ou...
Calendar Flip Welcome Autumn! September 2023 Holidays and Observances
Fall brings cooler nights, cute sweaters, homecoming games and tailgate parties. It’s time to flip the calendar page,...
Calendar Flip Let’s celebrate, y’all! July 2023 Holidays and Celebrations
Get ready for friends, family and fireworks—and break out the red, white and blue for Independence Day. It’s time ...
Card Ideas Card messages for kids: What to write in a kid’s holiday card and more
My 3-year-old was having a hard time at preschool drop-off. Dragging his feet. Asking to stay home. This went on a fe...
Christmas Celebrating 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments, Episode 1: Start Dreaming!
2023 marks 50 years of Keepsake Ornaments. We are so excited to celebrate ALL year with ALL of you! Each month, you’l...
Birthday What to write in a birthday card
Some people have no problem coming up with what to write in a birthday card. Just hand them a pen and they’ll effortl...
Gifting 25+ “just because” gift ideas to show you care
I love giving gifts, and it’s easy to do it on birthdays and holidays. But when I really want to flex my gift-giving ...
Gift Wrapping How to use fabric wrap: A step-by-step guide for our reusable wrap
Don't you just love reusing gift bags? Well, now Hallmark has reusable gift wrap, too! Using it to wrap your gifts is...
Gift Wrapping 3 creative ways to reuse gift wrap scraps
Picture this: You’ve just finished wrapping a gift, you’re admiring your hard (but fabulous) work, and suddenly reali...
Arts, Crafts & DIY 8 tips on how to take great photos with your iPhone
Photos have been a huge part of capturing memories ever since cameras were invented. And these days, with advanced ca...
Recipes Cool drink recipes for your summer Golden Girls watch parties
We don’t know about you, but we love a good Golden Girls marathon. Maybe it’s the furniture covered in palm fronds. O...